AEG Oko-Lavamat 1271 VI Turbo - not completing cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I did a load of washing and it worked fine.

I then started a second one and when I looked at the machine, the timer showed the number 1 and the light was on prewash.

the washing had not been done as the detergent gel was still there on the machine's drum. there was water in the bottom of the drum.

I put the switch on reset, opened the door and removed the clothes.

Then we tried the 'pump out' and the machine kept going to 1 and prewash and not functioning.

after hitting reset for a while, we managed to do a pump out.

thinking the machine was working we put the clothes back in and again it looked like it was going to work for 2 minutes and then went back to 1 and prewash light and not working.

It seems to regularly do this now, we managed to do a short spin to remove the clothes from the machine. but it's not working fine.

I have now turned it off at the mains, and will leave it to rest until tomorrow.

Does anyone have any clues on what the problem is or what could be done before we have to call a plumber in?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Post the machine PNC number, you will find it on a sticker in the door opening.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Today after leaving it off at the mains overnight, i tried to do a 95 degree wash with vinegar and it worked ok (filling with water and spinning) for about 50 minutes (when i started the panel indicated 2.29 and the last I saw had 1.40

Then it went back to 1 on the panel and the light is on wash. And the drum is full of water.

I wonder if it stops when going to rinse.

I am trying to do a pump out and it keeps pumping out a very small amount and then stopping and the panel goes from 5 to 1.

Help!

Your AEG washer has a Zanussi type split outer case. To get access to the motor & other components you'll have to do one of the following:
I don't think your particular model has a bottom plate...If it doesn't lie the machine on its back & you can get to the motor from there.
If it does have a bottom plate which prohibits access from underneath then you'll have to split the outer case. To do that you need to take off the lid, remove the plastic "half moon" where the hoses enter (2 clips). Take out the 2 plastic plugs at the bottom (1 each side near where the seam is), remove the screws under the plugs. There are also 2 or 3 screws that have to be removed at the back (bottom). Then take out 2 screws each side of the strut under the lid which holds the 2 halves of the case together (you only need to take out the screws on the rear part). The back half of the case then slides off giving you easy access to the motor & most other components.
The motor has 2 carbon brushes fitted. When these wear too far down they need replacing. good luck :D

Thanks for replying, it looks way too complicated for me to do by myself.
It seems I will have to call someone in...

Thanks again

Ok...I missed your last post before replying to the previous one. Have you checked the lint filter for blockages, coins etc? Look in your user manual, it explains it all there.

I think we must have posted at the same time
:)

yes, I emptied the filter last night, it had a bit of hair and gunk but it's empty now... i might try and look at it again.

How old is your washer? If I remember rightly the filter is fairly long, "L" shaped & points downward in the filter housing. I don't think you will be able to see the pump impellor to check if anything is jammed in there. You will probably end up having to lie the machine on it's back (if it doesn't have a bottom plate) or split the case to get in there & check everything out. There could be a blockage in the pump or tub/drain hose & you ought to check out the brushes at the same time. It isn't too difficult if you have someone who can help you.

ok, just looked at it and it's clean.

finally after about 10 tries when the pump out would bring out a teeny bit of water and then stop (time go to 1) the water went away from being visible in the drum and the pump out completed its cycle

i will leave it and I guess we will have to call someone in

thanks

How old is your washer? If I remember rightly the filter is fairly long, "L" shaped & points downward in the filter housing. I don't think you will be able to see the pump impellor to check if anything is jammed in there. You will probably end up having to lie the machine on it's back (if it doesn't have a bottom plate) or split the case to get in there & check everything out. There could be a blockage in the pump or tub/drain hose & you ought to check out the brushes at the same time. It isn't too difficult if you have someone who can help you.

Thanks, the machine is integrated so it will be hard to move out to tip down. I think I will get a professional in.

check the waste hose outlet especially if you have it connected to a spigot.

These can get blocked and stop the machine pumping out, they then time out and stop (only try to pump out for a short while)

Hi

this evening we tried to replicate the problem as we have someone coming tomorrow.

we did a cold wash with the machine empty and it all worked fine

then we did a 30 degree easycare wash with probably half a load and it worked again

Should we cancel the person coming?

Could I have over loaded the machine on saturday and it took a while to get back to normal?

any ideas?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back