AEG OKO_LAVAMAT 72630 Update problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a problem with the washing machine.
It stops mid-cycle and displays error E10.

I've already checked the cold supply filter & pipe and they are both perfectly clear. Before re-connecting the cold fill, I did test the flow rate and it filled a bucket in less than 10 seconds, so I know that's not the problem.

I then read parts of this forum and found how to perform an error code check on the machine.
It gave a stored error code of E11 on the spin position.

I know it's something to do with the water fill system. So could it be a blocked pipe to or from the control solonoid?
Or even a faulty solonoid?

Any thoughts anybody?

How easy is it to take the top casing off and have a good look at the guts of this machine?

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
Its a faulty solenoid . You need to replace the inlet valve but only if your sure you've checked everything else.

Its a faulty solenoid . You need to replace the inlet valve but only if your sure you've checked everything else.

Thanks CC1

Is there an easy procedure for removing the top case of the machine?
Once off, I can then check for part numbers etc. of the bits I may need.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Right, this is what I've found out so far ............

With the top off, I put the machine on a Cottons / Linen wash @ 40'C on a quick wash.
Cycle time = 51 minutes.

Water into the pre-wash side of the detergent tray at full flow OK.
Drum turning OK.

Water into the main detergent side of the tray at full flow OK.
Drum turning OK.

Water at temperature and wash cycle with internal circulation pump OK.

Pump out and short spin OK.

Rinse cycle ........... Water into the "wash stain treatment" compartment but very slow, almost like a leisurely "pee".
After 10 minutes of the same flow and the drum not turning (countdown timer sitting at 25 minutes all the time) error code E10 shown.

Stored error codes checked again and E11 shown.

**Note** The solonoid giving the slow flow rate is the top of the 3 solonoids (pink in colour).

The complete 3 solonoid assembly part number is: 01/186 359538 11063 (8 or 6)112
I assume that it comes as a whole assembly with solonoids not available separately?

I don't suppose that there could be a blockage inside the assembly that feeds the water to each compartment? Even though our water pressure is 3 bar, so should clear and sludge blockages easily.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but I wanted to make my findings as clear as possible.

What's your feelings, still a faulty single solonoid?

Thanks in advance
Tony

I think it's a mechanical fault with the valve rather than a coil problem then .

Right, I shall remove the solonoid assembly and see if there's any visable fault before I order 38 Quids worth of spare parts.

Am I correct in thinking that the solonoid operating voltage is mains 230 AC?
In which case, I'll test each solonoid and valve assembly separately off the machine.

Thanks for your invaluable help CC1

Tony

The 3 x solonoid and valve assembly is off and has been tested.
All 3 solonoids work OK when 230 volts is applied to each one of them.

When the inlet water supply pipe was attached to the assembly and each solonoid was "switched on", water flowed through the black & white bodied solonoids and valves (pre-wash and main wash control solonoids) at a good flow rate but when power was applied to the pink solonoid (wash stain treatment control solonoid) it was the same "leisurely pee" flow ...... But the hole in the valve is larger compared to the other two valves.

This leads me to two possible conclusions:

1) As CC1 diagnosed, the pink solonoid valve could be at fault, causing a decreased flow rate.

2) When the washing machine goes onto the rinse cycle and the small flow washes the stain treatment chemical into the drum, another solonoid should also open, to help fill the drum up quicker?

Any suggestions?

If No. 2 were the case, could it be that the control system board is faulty?
But then again, it should give another fault code .......... ???

Once again, any help will be gratefully received.

Mr confused of Norwich ............... :confused:

Hi Tony,
was it the pink solenoid then?

I've got the same error code and symptoms.

I would *very* much like to know how you got on.

And thanks Cavey, for taking the time to offer all that advice.

Cheers,
Malky.

Hi Tony,
was it the pink solenoid then?

I've got the same error code and symptoms.

I would *very* much like to know how you got on.

And thanks Cavey, for taking the time to offer all that advice.

Cheers,
Malky.

Hello Malky,

To tell you the truth, I can't exactly remember but I did change the solenoid assembly and all worked perfectly after that.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it was a couple of years ago.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back