AEG Oven Connection - Neutral Connection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had delivered and AEG built in oven.

I have disconnected the old oven and am attempting to connect the new oven. The existing oven flex, and connections are fine and I was hoping to be able to simply be able to connect the new oven.

The trouble is, on the new terminal block, on the neutral terminal, all three pins are taken up with existing connections - there is nowhere to connect the neutral pin connector to! The earth and live both have spare pins.

See the photo in the album below:

//www.diynot.com/network/wahoon/albums/
[/wiki]

Sponsored Links
What does it show in the instructions?

Also make sure those screws are really tight.
I have just seen one which was completely burnt away.

You undo the screws and place the conductor made off ends, under them and tighten back up.

Are you sure about this. It seems a bit Heath Robinson to do that.

Do you mean that you try to clamp down the connector with the screw?

Sponsored Links
What output is the oven?
what size is the cable supplying the circuit?
What size is the breaker that protects the cable?

Just seems strange that I can't use the connectors that are already on the wire (they fit on the live and the earth)
You probably can but you have no spare for neutral, so that must be connected some how, do you have picture of the end of the flex with the connection on?

Hang on there. I have just re-read your opening post.
Are you saying that you have transferred the cable from the old oven to then new?
Are you sure that this is the right size cable for the new oven?
If it is and there isn't spare way on the terminals, you don't have much choice do you?
As others have asked, what do the manufacturers instructions say regarding connecting the cable to the new oven. I know it will say L to L etc but it should say how you make the connection - sometimes as PrenticeBoy has stated and sometimes by crimps.

and which type of crimp and crimping tool would you suggest wahoon uses
Well that will depend on the cable size - since we haven't been told it yet.
As for crimping tool, well don't use your teeth, but use a ratchet crimper - its on the same page.

Well that will depend on the cable size - since we haven't been told it yet.
As for crimping tool, well don't use your teeth, but use a ratchet crimper - its on the same page.
My teeth often do a better job than some of the more poxy crimping tools.
Just trying to get all the info that op may require to get his roast spuds on!

Hang on there. I have just re-read your opening post.
Are you saying that you have transferred the cable from the old oven to then new?
Are you sure that this is the right size cable for the new oven?
If it is and there isn't spare way on the terminals, you don't have much choice do you?
As others have asked, what do the manufacturers instructions say regarding connecting the cable to the new oven. I know it will say L to L etc but it should say how you make the connection - sometimes as PrenticeBoy has stated and sometimes by crimps.

That's the weird thing. I can't find any guidance in any of the manuals supplied with the oven, or online. There is a sticker on the back, giving the obvious (L to L etc.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back