AEG Oven Connection - Neutral Connection?

The wires go under the left side of each screw.

Just above the left side of each screw is a folded over tab of metal - the bare end of the wire goes under the screw and up against this tab, which will stop the wire moving further up when the screw is tightened.

Sponsored Links
The wires go under the left side of each screw.

Just above the left side of each screw is a folded over tab of metal - the bare end of the wire goes under the screw and up against this tab, which will stop the wire moving further up when the screw is tightened.

This seems to make sense.

BTW, the oven requires 2.5mm wiring, the existing flex meets this requirement.

Yes but does the rest of the circuit meet 'the' requirements.
What is the size of the fuse/MCB/RCBO protecting this circuit?
Remember that the purpose of the fuse/MCB etc is to protect the cable and should always be less than the current carrying capacity of the cable.
In this case something like 20Amp would be required.

Yes but does the rest of the circuit meet 'the' requirements.
What is the size of the fuse/MCB/RCBO protecting this circuit?
Remember that the purpose of the fuse/MCB etc is to protect the cable and should always be less than the current carrying capacity of the cable.
In this case something like 20Amp would be required.

At the consumer unit, the cooker is on it's own circuit (on a MCB, but I will have to check the rating, I have a feeling that it is 20Amp though)

Double pole switch is present on the wall.

Sponsored Links
So, to get back to the core issue, is the stripping of the wire, and clamping using the screw, in this type of terminal block, an acceptable means of connection. I.e. would an NICEIC electrician be happy doing this?

So, to get back to the core issue, is the stripping of the wire, and clamping using the screw, in this type of terminal block, an acceptable means of connection. I.e. would an NICEIC electrician be happy doing this?
Don't now about them but I would be, provided you were properly able to secure them - no missing or stray cable strands etc.
But then I would probably crimp them first.

The conductors are indeed just secured behind the screwheads. But, rather than pointing up, as your graphic suggests, the conductors point down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back