Aeration help needed. . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called to a job last october. Rads pinholed and the system water rust brown. BG had been looking after the system for years and after replacing two rads told them there cover was no more until the problem was solved.
The existing system consisted of a Albion thermal store linked to a Baxi Solo2 PF. Looked to me that maybe at sometime the ballvalve in the store had been set to low allowing it to suck air in.
Anyway we replaced all the rads and valves, removed the thermal store, powerflushed with F5, installed the Remeha 39c along with a boiler buddy and f1. Had to clean the buddy a couple of times after the flush to remove residual bits and all seemed good. Anyway got called back today rads upstairs full of air and a horrible noise of bubbles in the pipework. I thing it must be dragging air in under the floor somewhere. The house is 12 years old and all pipwork under chipboard and behind drywall! What do you suggest??

Sponsored Links
With the Broag working under pressure, I would doubt that any air is being sucked in, more likely with the pressure to get a leak.

What is the pressure gauge reading? Have the customers recently been topping the system up regularly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back