Aerial problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a problem with my roof aerial. I had the TV running in the living room and my grandmother who was sitting in the back garden shouted me to come outside quick. I went outside and looked at the roof to find a green bright light almost jumping across the roof tiles then it ran up the black wires/cables leading to the aerial and then proceded to "shoot" up the aerial. It did this several times in 5-10 minutes and kept following the same pattern. After getting over the shock I ran inside and turned the TV off.

I know this sounds strange but I've never seen or heard of anything like this before. Does anyone know what can cause this? I'm not very DIY minded but I was thinking maybe a short with the aerial somewhere, hence the light? :(

Sponsored Links
I have heard about this green light going up the antenna,,apparently you need little green men to fix it :D :D :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back