african ringneck parakeet

Sponsored Links
There are quite a few parrots flying round London nowadays - people have released them after not being able to tend for them as pets. Saw one on a tree on new years eve when I was visiting my sister.

Strange - thought they preferred warmer climates.

New Year's Eve???? are you sure you hadn't had a few sherberts? ;)

There are quite a few parrots flying round London nowadays - people have released them after not being able to tend for them as pets. Saw one on a tree on new years eve when I was visiting my sister.

Strange - thought they preferred warmer climates.

New Year's Eve???? are you sure you hadn't had a few sherberts? ;)
'Fraid not. My brother in law told me that quite a few parrots tend to hang around kew gardens.

Sponsored Links
Not being judgemental in any way ........But just to clarify.........

£200 was paid to 'rescue' a mistreated parakeet from being locked in a bedroom.........

......To then, presumably, be put it in a small cage in your front room......???????????????? :eek:
hhhmmmmmmmmmm......I'll give this one some thought.... :rolleyes:

give it what thought you want as its in a big cage, i let it fly about the lounge and i was asking for advice on the best way to keep and treat it :rolleyes:

Not being judgemental in any way ........But just to clarify.........

£200 was paid to 'rescue' a mistreated parakeet from being locked in a bedroom.........

......To then, presumably, be put it in a small cage in your front room......???????????????? :eek:
hhhmmmmmmmmmm......I'll give this one some thought.... :rolleyes:

you sounding like a JW, Mr Bean.

Handle it as often as you can, to gain its trust, that's you and your wife.
Be careful, as when they reach sexual maturity, you may have problems.
If it's a male, eventually it will bond with your wife, and may bite you.
If it's female, then vice versa.

now and then when you have got used to handling it (about a month or so)
put it in the bath -bath plugged and give it a warm shower, they love it and then strecth out it's wings and run water under them also ie. get the dust out of it's wings.

Then a towel rapped round it and sit it on the cage with cage open and some fruit or food for it in the cage, when it's dry it will make it's way in the cage.

It will start to preen itself and will look very smart :D

If you can't do the above just yet then spray it with hot water now and then, it will help it to clean itself. ;)
What have you called it?

well, there always saying how 'we shouldn't be living in little box's'!

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes: ;)

well, there always saying how 'we shouldn't be living in little box's'!

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes: ;)

Boxes...????. :eek:

So whats your point.......JW's and boxes... ?????????:LOL:
Make your point ....I'm thick skinned.. :LOL: .........Tell me..........

you go for maturity I see.

The JW thing is ' What the fook is wrong with a bird in a cage ?? she get's fed/cleaned/loved, more than some humans get.

I'll see you in the afternoon , SIR. Gutten Morgan!

you go for maturity I see.

The JW thing is ' What the fook is wrong with a bird in a cage ?? she get's fed/cleaned/loved, more than some humans get.

I'll see you in the afternoon , SIR. Gutten Morgan!

Top man...... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back