After 4 yrs or so - will he ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that link to that old thread, here's a quote from megatwat
Trazor ... I've news for you ... All those stupid thoughts you keep hearing in your head are starting to come out your mouth.

As an object approaches the speed of sound shock waves form on its leading surfaces at 90 degrees to the plane of attack and increase its drag coefficient significantly ... And hence the term barrier which, although it was orginally named prior to the speed of sound being broken (when it was believed to be a physical thing), is still used today in the aeronautical industry as it requires an additional force to overcome its effects.

As I've said, an object will not break the speed of sound under the force of gravity alone it needs propulsion to overcome the increase in drag which becomes significant the closer you get to the barrier.

If you wish to debate aeronautical engineering with me I'm more than happy to do so but you'd better do some reading (or at least Google a bit) first rather than simply making crass uninformed statements like the previous one.

MW
It makes funny reading now, what a supercilious nob he was. :LOL: :LOL:
Austrian Felix Baumgartner has become the first skydiver to go faster than the speed of sound, reaching a top speed of 833.9mph (1,342km/h).

Sponsored Links
Back