After a general electricity shut-down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, experts, it's me mithering again — this time, about what to do if the Utilities van were to come round the neighbourhood with a loud-hailer, saying that the electricity is to be turned off for all the street.
Central heating was installed in my house only recently, so where I am concerned, this is a very arcane system.

What I need to know is, when the Utilities people turn the power back on, will my combi boiler start up with no prompting from me, or would it need the starter button to be pressed?

Note: there is a wired timer/settings panel connected to the boiler. It remembers all the settings, even if its battery has failed and then been replaced.

I suppose the same question would apply about the gas supply being disconnected for the neighbourhood, then turned on again.

With thanks in advance for any light shed on these queries,
A.W.

Sponsored Links
You are worried with good reason. The way things are in GB, cuts/ failures can be expected.
Anyway alwaysworried, try not to worry too much cos your the only one who does, we the working class just get on with it. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back