Aftermath of boiler service

Sponsored Links
Its only risky because the lazy fellow who fitted it did not remove the washer when soldering it in! Even his soldering would give rise to some complaints.

Its good practise to exercise both air vents, drain cocks, stop cocks and gate valves during a service. Rarely done unfortunately but I like to!

Saves the problems I have been having at an install where the mains water supply is in 1/2" copper.

Tony

I do everything to avoid touching gate valves and drain cocks:).
Are you actually saying that on every service, you go around the house doing your exercises?.:) Average semi with rad pipe drops probably has at least 4 cocks.

I get it , just about, if you are talking about valves that you KNOW are in good nick, but unless you have maintained it from new, you can't (know)

Last edited:
I look at the valve, I look at the customer, then I look at the coffee!

Last I make a decision on what to exercise.

Of course if there is no coffee then there will be no valve exercises! Then its just the boiler!

But I do expect to have some replacement washers for drain cocks with me.

Tony

You don't half talk some shyte...lol.

It's professionals you're talking to here....

Sponsored Links
I look at the valve, I look at the customer, then I look at the coffee!

Last I make a decision on what to exercise.

Of course if there is no coffee then there will be no valve exercises! Then its just the boiler!

But I do expect to have some replacement washers for drain cocks with me.

Tony

I did self moderate my post earlier, but there was somethng in it about having to carry a bung kit and laddders, or a hosepipe. Neither is conveniently carried on the X42.

It opened when "pressure" was put on it, the pump.
Seriously? :LOL:
Yes, that is what the OP wrote. No leak, switch on, pump moves, then a leak.

No, he didn't. He said the timer switched on the boiler and the water "deluged" (sic).

a)Unless he happene to be using the faciity at the time, how did he know that the leak occurred at the same time as the boiler came on?

b) You clearly do not understand what a CIRCULATOR does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back