Again.... commission a combi & legalities

Sponsored Links
The fact is DAN..... people especially myself are not tight as a ducks arse..... its merely the fact that most if not all so called "tradesmen" these days don't give a flying f*@K about the customer, their requirements, their property and how they want the finished product to be!

All they care about is making as much money as possible in as shorter time as possible so they can move quickly onto the next rip off bodge it and scarper!

I have had dealings with lots of "tradesmen" including gas fitters who are gas safe registered and apparently competent..... after seeing their work, i swear a child could do a better job.

When it comes down to it, a heating system is not rocket science. Fitting the rads, is not rocket science. Even fitting a new gas pipe is not rocket science. I would fit the boiler myself if i were registered.

So called tradesmen just pray upon people who have little knowledge and are too scared that they'll mess it up and so they charge stupid amounts of money.

As previously ..... even though, i could easily fit the lot myself, all i will install is the boiler frame to the wall so i know where exactly I'm going with the pipes. Even then i will stop a metre out with all pipes and i will not be fitting the flue.
The whole system will be pressure tested prior to the boiler install so i know the joints are good.

Any RGI that wouldn't do the requested work to me, just wants to rip people off in the first place. Im sure there are plenty of decent ones that would be more than happy with the request.

I take this as a personal insult mate!! I make my living as a Plumber, Heating Engineer & Gas Fitter. I don't rip people off & how dare you question my integrity??!!
You're a 'know it all' rsole!!

take it however you like.... if i was trying to insult people i would be more direct about it..... I'm just saying it as i see it.

I didn't question your integrity personally.

But... i may well be a know it all arsehole. They're the facts. Simple as that. Trades are not what they used to be.

Sponsored Links
With our experience, knowledge, intellect, ongoing training & overheads we should charge as much as a Lawyer!! No other trade is as diverse as our trade, no other trade requires the skills we require.

The fact is DAN..... people especially myself are not tight as a ducks arse..... its merely the fact that most if not all so called "tradesmen" these days don't give a flying f*@K about the customer, their requirements, their property and how they want the finished product to be!

All they care about is making as much money as possible in as shorter time as possible so they can move quickly onto the next rip off bodge it and scarper!

I have had dealings with lots of "tradesmen" including gas fitters who are gas safe registered and apparently competent..... after seeing their work, i swear a child could do a better job.

When it comes down to it, a heating system is not rocket science. Fitting the rads, is not rocket science. Even fitting a new gas pipe is not rocket science. I would fit the boiler myself if i were registered.

So called tradesmen just pray upon people who have little knowledge and are too scared that they'll mess it up and so they charge stupid amounts of money.

As previously ..... even though, i could easily fit the lot myself, all i will install is the boiler frame to the wall so i know where exactly I'm going with the pipes. Even then i will stop a metre out with all pipes and i will not be fitting the flue.
The whole system will be pressure tested prior to the boiler install so i know the joints are good.

Any RGI that wouldn't do the requested work to me, just wants to rip people off in the first place. Im sure there are plenty of decent ones that would be more than happy with the request.

If doing Heating System is not rocket science fella??!! We've got a boiler house full of 4" & 6" to weld up next week, then 2 miles of Under Floor Heating to do the following, then it's onto geothermal heat pumps, then some District Heating & HIUs on a estate of houses. Are you up for it big mouth??

I'd never take on a job like that, once bitten!!
I did one for a DaftyDIYer; the whole house was like the Trevi Fountain, more leaks than Wales!!

Dickie, in the immortal words of Harry Enfields shell-suited Scousers, "calm down, calm down", you'll give yourself an 'ernia. :D

Dickie, in the immortal words of Harry Enfields shell-suited Scousers, "calm down, calm down", you'll give yourself an 'ernia. :D

They come on here looking for advice & as usual, end up tell US, the elite - how to do our job!!
You couldn't make it up!!

I could crush a grape!!!

He's back.... New name, same attitude..

They come on here looking for advice & as usual, end up tell US, the elite - how to do our job!!

I could crush a grape!!!
Oi!... I thought I'm supposed to be the grumpy bad tempered old **** and you're supposed to be the jovial cheeky leg puller.

I could crush a grape!!!
Oi!... I thought I'm supposed to be the grumpy bad tempered old **** and you're supposed to be the jovial cheeky leg puller.

Oh, is it my month for the 'jovial cheeky leg puller'????!! Sh.t!!?? Sorry Rouchie I got it wrong again this month!!

Yeah, it's my fault Dickie... I confused you by my calm and reasonable post that actually explained something to the OP.. My mistake.

Well you see, apart from demonstrating your lack of knowledge, your berating of gas registered engineers here is obviously going to upset any who read this forum.

I do hope that you will find those decent people whom you imagine exist.

Usually I will bend over backwards to help people and will take on far more of these "difficult" cases than most others on here but I have to agree with them that most, like you too, overestimate your understanding of the requirements!

I also don't like being called a tradesman and even worse a workman! If ever called the latter there would be a good chance that I would walk out!

Tony

Well you see, apart from demonstrating your lack of knowledge, your berating of gas registered engineers here is obviously going to upset any who read this forum.

I do hope that you will find those decent people whom you imagine exist.

Usually I will bend over backwards to help people and will take on far more of these "difficult" cases than most others on here but I have to agree with them that most, like you too, overestimate your understanding of the requirements!

I also don't like being called a tradesman and even worse a workman! If ever called the latter there would be a good chance that I would walk out!

Tony
I love you Tony........well, in a manly way......cause I'm not an arze bandit!! You always make me laugh & some of the random things you come away with are nuggets of gold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back