Age of Alpha 240p?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently moved into a new house which has an Alpha 240p combi boiler. I'm trying to get boiler cover but am not sure of rough age of the boiler...does anyone know (approximately) when these were manufactured? I have a feeling it's approaching 15 years but that's a total guess!

Thanks in advance

James

Sponsored Links
I don't think you're far out. Probably 10 years plus approx.

I can't remember the datecoding but if you post the serial number usually two numerals a letter followed by numerals it might come back to me.

Should be no need to change that ultra reliable easily repairable boilereven if its 15yrs old..

I can't remember the datecoding but if you post the serial number usually two numerals a letter followed by numerals it might come back to me.

Should be no need to change that ultra reliable easily repairable boilereven if its 15yrs old..

Thanks a lot, it's 10A80300718.

Not sure if that second part is tongue in cheek, but I've had the corgi guys out 3 times in two weeks ;)

Cheers v much.

Sponsored Links
I think it's third week of 1998

letter is the decade we are on B at moment

first number after the letter (A in your case for 1990's) is which year in that decade

next two numbers are week of pruduction after that is number off production line that week

The two numbers in front of the letter represent the model of boiler.

will need gland on dhw push rod and large diaphragm occasionally maybe every 4 years otherwise bullet proof.

i was such a good boiler Baxi did a Remington and bought the company boiler became the 105e. most parts for the 105e fit your boiler. Alpha get said parts from Baxi anyway as they no longer own the manufacturerer.

The modern Alphas are made by a different european company.

Alpha is just a Uk marketing organisation very much sales people led.

But actually the boilers turn out to be reliable and easy to fix. Probably more by luck than judgement since they are marketing folk not engineers.

now an engineers boiler is a Buderus

I think it's third week of 1998

letter is the decade we are on B at moment

first number after the letter (A in your case for 1990's) is which year in that decade

next two numbers are week of pruduction after that is number off production line that week

The two numbers in front of the letter represent the model of boiler.

will need gland on dhw push rod and large diaphragm occasionally maybe every 4 years otherwise bullet proof.

i was such a good boiler Baxi did a Remington and bought the company.

That's brilliant and helps very much, thanks very much!

James

when you get a little drip from the brass thing front bottom left don't worry it is only your cold water supply oosing out between the pushrod and o ring. notsystem water

collect it until boiler fails to fire on running a hot tap then get dhw servicekit fitted which includes this seal and a newdiaphragm can bedonewithout draining central heating. 5minute job literally. Then your good for another 4 years.

No real faults much better boiler than Worcesters (who never have deserved their reputation) of same era.

No vested interest i am not their service agent any longer got sick of driving to Harrogate to fix one boiler.

when you get a little drip from the brass thing front bottom left don't worry it is only your cold water supply oosing out between the pushrod and o ring. notsystem water

collect it until boiler fails to fire on running a hot tap then get dhw servicekit fitted which includes this seal and a newdiaphragm can bedonewithout draining central heating. 5minute job literally. Then your good for another 4 years.

No real faults much better boiler than Worcesters (who never have deserved their reputation) of same era.

No vested interest i am not their service agent any longer got sick of driving to Harrogate to fix one boiler.

Funny you should mention that, thats exactly the problem I'm having at the moment! Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back