Alpha 240p Ignition Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what might be the fault with an Alpha 240P Comi Boiler that now does not ignite. For some time now the pilot light has been going out so I have had to manually re-light. It ususally take ages for it to catch. Now I cannot get it to light. I cannot now hear it trying to light and dont see a spark. Please tell me you can help.

Sponsored Links
Pilot could be going out for many reasons..

Spark problem could be faulty spark generator, sparking gap or just earthing problem?

dont know these that well!

When u push in the ign button it holds open pilot gas and operates a microswitch. The metal lever which transfrers the force to the microswitch can need a tweak to make it operate the microswitch. Make sure it is doing so, or bipass it to test and push microswitch manual. That gets u past this stage and then u are with the other advise if it still doesn't clack clack clack.

The part is probabli exensive as it is with wiring loomb quite an assembli. Best to try bending metal padel first.

Then you have to find out why pilot going out. A corgi person would clean or renew the pilot jet to start with.

Sponsored Links
I came across the same fault. Even though these boilers have electronic ignition, there is still a pilot light and thermocouple. In this instance it was a faulty thermocouple, and once replaced the boiler was fine. I'd also check and clean the pilot jet at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back