air in x1 rad in our ensuite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the problem since moving in 2 and a half years, i had b/g out that came up with the same suggestion as my local plumber (but was just cheaper) to fit an aerjec - of which he did - its seems to have helped a little but we still get a bit of air in this one - resulting in bleeding it say every 3 weeks to keep it very odd (it starts to go cold on one side)

i have and so has the plumber checked for leaks etc (cant find any as there was some when we moved in)

the plumber and b/g eng both advise me that as we have a tank in the roof etc (the type of system we have) it might often effect one ??

lots of people i speak to it effects one rad upstairs.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is it air? It may well be hydrogen. Invert a tin over the bleed screw when venting and then try to light what you catch in the tin. This will eliminate one or the other.
Plumbing issues follow you around, don't they?

it doesnt really smell and the water is very clean (having been drained a few times) with fernox now in it)

i wouldnt say they follow me around just trying to get things right, thanks

Sponsored Links
also i have noticed that i bleed the one in the ensuite / it just reappares in one of the bedrooms ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back