Bleeding upstairs rads every 2 weeks (x2 upstairs)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i first moved in we the previous owner had a new baxi condensing boiler fitted,

I have had a few people look at this,

B/g went around testing with a magnet on the H section, it sticks rather bad all around it... so there suggestion was to cut it all out and replace

I have had a local plumber out who fitted the boiler that put the pump on speed 3, couldnt see any major problems and just highered the vent pipe that isnt sucking in air etc.

Another company want to join the vent and feed as they feel this will eleminate any air, but my dad a plumber didnt like this idea???

Next suggest from the local plumber was to fit an aerjec but not many folks like the sound of this,

quotes are anything from 120-220 odd so not silly money,

i realy dont know what to suggest, people i speak to (often tell me they get issues like this in houses) ?? and im making to much of it.

what do i do please, thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a build up of magnatite in the system hence why the magnet had a strong pull towards the pipe. It's probably hydrogen in the system and not air. A good flushing out is needed. Why doesn't your dad sort it out for you?

hes 60 had cancer and enjoying his life, hes done enough for me. so do you think its sensible to drain down, or have it chopped out...thanks

Try putting the pump speed down to one, as long as all the rads are still getting hot & the boiler's not overheating then leave it like that for a week or two to see if it improves things.
If that doesn't work then I would go for the combined feed & vent option as that will cure it once & for all.

Sponsored Links
i tried the pump on speed 2, i dont feel it helped the air problem, but did take an age to get the rads warm, thanks

Cut out and remove the pipework that the magnet sticks to. Apply some x800 into the system for 24 hrs and run the heating and hot water, drain down and keep flushing with fresh water until clear. Apply x100 into the system and leave the pump on speed 2.

Job Done.

PS All the best to your dad.

Andy

You have a blocked or partially blocked cold feed (the H) it was a waste of time just raising open vent as heritage has said cut it out and replace.
Dont bother with an aerjec these have proved to be troublesome in the past by blocking up more than the H which is was meant to prevent

update b/g has now changed there mind and advise that i have the following fitted that get some good reviews

spiromagnabooster

do you think they will drain the system first. is this a better suggestions that having them combin the vent and feed??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back