Airiel Sat Fm Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please advise I bought a new 3 in 1 TV SAT & FM socket, but I only need tht TV & FM. I have 2 coax cables going into the socket 1 TV and 1 FM, but I have no idea how the connect the cables there are no screws for the cables. Can any help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have bought a triplexed outlet, not a dual outlet. A triplexed outlet splits the mixed signals in a singal downlead.

Sounds like you want a simple DUAL outlet with a PAIR of outlets and a PAIR of terminals.

Sponsored Links
I have takem a pic of the back, however I have no idea on how to add the pic to this forum????????!!!!!

You will have to upload it to PhotoBucket or similar site as we cannot access you computor ( and you wouldn't want us to );

All Triplex plates are the same.
labgear_psw132_all.jpg

One cable carries SKY, TV and Radio which is decombined by the Triplex plate. This plate is for use in TV distribution systems like the Loftbox etc where the Loftbox combines the incoming SKY, aerial and FM and sends it down one cable to the main room i.e. lounge.

It is of no use to you if you have the aerial and fm coming down seperate cables. You can use it if you buy a UHF + FM diplexer for combining the tv aerial and fm down one cable. You need something like this: http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page11c.htm#uhfdip

As already posted you have a triplex plate. There is clearly only one terminal for one cable on the bottom right hand side of the faceplate on the back.

As I posted in my previous reply just use a diplexer to combine the signals down one lead if you really have to use that faceplate.

On image 1271, look at the bottom right of the circuit board- see that little arch and adjacent terminal? the arch grips the sheath, and the terminal secures the inner core.

But you have to find a way to combine the 2 feeds elsewhere.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I honestly thought when I bought the socket it would be a simple case of connecting up the individual cables...Silly me!!!

So I'm going to buy A88945 diplexer UHF/VHF with F connectors.
Just out of interest what are f Connectors?

Also a big thanks for the picture advice, I'm a bit of a clown with computers!!!

Cheers

All

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back