Airlock in central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help

I have just installed a towel rail in bathroom (swapped over from old radiator) I drained the sysyem and then refilled it. After refilling the Worscter 15/19 CBI bolier fires up for about 60 seconds then goes off - tried this numersous times and does exactly the same thing.

When I refilled the system the downstairs rads filled up quickly with plenty of air coming out of the rad air vents. But when bleeding the rads upstairs there was less presure coming out of the air vents. A number of the rads upstairs the air coming out of the air vents stopped, I closed the air vent then air started coming out again as soon as i opened it up again but at a slow pressure.

The boiler is downstairs in the kitchen and can here the water passing through the flow & return when demand for central heating is put on. I have checked the pump and that is fine, I have even phoned Worscter and they told me to drain and refill the system - I have done this 3 times and still the same problem.

Can it only be an airlock - if so how do I go about curing it - do I need to connect the vent pipe on the F & E to cold mains and try and blast the airlock out.

Any advice would be most appreciated as Xmas is looming :cry:

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You could try it, sounds more like sludge in your system making the filling up of your rads etc take forever

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back