Airlock in shower pump, will my solution work? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help.

Just bought a new house, its falling apart. The house only has one shower no bath and that’s in the en suite.

We are having issues with airlocks in the shower pump, sometimes the pressure is high, other times its not, mainly in the morning. We have a gravity fed system with a water tank in the loft. Have looked on many forums and have checked that the temp is not over 60 degrees. The hot inlet for the pump just comes off the 22mm that supplies the rest of the hot water in the house. After a bit of research i have noticed that their is no surrey flange fitted.

My plan is to fit a surrey flange and have the new pipe run up into the loft, across and down into the cupboard behind the shower where the pump is located. Will this work? Will i cause more problems with airlocks having the pipe run above the immersion heater and back down to the pump? There is no room in the cupboard next to the immersion heater for the pump.

I would also then like to T off the outlets from the pump back into the loft, across the house and down into the new bathroom for an additional shower. It’s a 4 bar pump.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry to rant on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back