Airlock on 1 of 2 showers on pumped system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 2.3 bar shower pump that feeds two mixer showers.
The pump is very close to the hot water cylinder and theres a direct cold feed from the water tank. The pipework is 22mm and then splits to 15 for the two showers. The pipework is grey plastic pushfit.

The shower closest to the pump pipework works perfectly everythime. The furthest shower sometimes doesn't come on at all when you switch it on especially if you have not used it for a few days. The way to get it working again is to switch on the first shower and whilst that's running and the pumps kicked in, switch on the second shower. Sometime shaking out drops of water on the second shower whilst it's on, then causes the pump to kick in but usually there are no drops of water coming out when you switch it on.

Any ideas why the problem is happening?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi are you saying that, when you turn on first shower and pump kicks in ok,
then you turn on second shower, it works ok, if you turn off first shower
Or are you saying the second shower has never worked properly
If you are saying its never worked I would guess the hot and cold connections are the wrong way round, or filters blocked
I dont think it will be an air lock

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, just to clarify:

The first Mixer shower (Aqualisa) has always worked properly. The second Mixer (Triton) works sometimes but if you don't use it for a few days then nothing comes out of it so the Techflow pump is not kicking in. If the pump is already on from the first shower, then the second shower works fine.

There seems to be an Essex flange on the Cylinder for the hot water feed.
The pipe work runs into the attic and there are manual air vents on the main 22mm pipework.

I was checking the system yesterday and it seemed that when I turned on the second shower and it wasn't working, by turning it to the coldest setting it kicked in and was working fine. I will check again if this is definitely the case.

It seems that the water in the pipes for the second shower is totally draining out perhaps?. The pipe work for the second shower comes along the floor of the attic (Horizontal) and then drops down (vertical) straight into the second shower.
The second shower is new and doesn't leak, however the first shower (Aqualisa) does drip sometimes when it's off. Could the dripping from the first shower be causing the problems for the second shower?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back