Airport body scanners violate Islamic law.

Sponsored Links
But by the same token they are violating mine, if they do not wish to be scanned so be it but I have no wish to travel with people that have not.

Sponsored Links
Well, it was good enought for The Turin Shroud :idea: so it should be good enough for Islamic people.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
The scan should be applied to all religious groups, no exemptions.
Conform or you don't fly, simple. :D :rolleyes:

Wotan

Agreed. Noone is forcing them to fly - there are other modes of transport available (most of which are "greener" too).

I can't help thinking that we (the western world) are the masters of our own destiny.

Just like in all conflict, each side is trying to outdo the other. The result of which produces more elaborate ways around our deterrents.

Fanatics are a determined enemy and not afraid to die.

Scary.

There will come a time when the West will not have enough 'energy' to deter fanatics.

Conform or you don't fly, simple

Unless you are leaving the country then if you want to get back in you can't 'cos you won't go through our scanners! Simples, ;)

Or, as those who refuse to go through the scanner clearly don't want to assimilate, then segregate them so there are muslim and non muslim flights. Obviously, any extra costs involved should be passed onto those who do not want to go through the scanner, so that if for example a single person who is happy to be scanned wishes to travel, then the others pay for his/her private chartered flight.

I don't care if some underpaid security guard examines my clockweights from a darkened room behind the luggage carousel.

But then, I don't think blokes are really that self-conscious... we think nothing of standing shoulder-to-shoulder at urinals, whereas a lot of women won't even shower together (no matter how much I beg and plead).

Until they ensure same-sex viewing and develop processes to guarantee no voyeurism is occurring, I can thoroughly appreciate the view of anyone who is against it.

However, like many parts of modern life that we take for granted, flying is NOT a human right nor is it the absolute only way in which a destination can be reached. It's just easy and relatively cheap, is all.

The problem I have with the new scanners is that many see it as a "silver bullet" to prevent things being smuggled onto planes. mmW systems should be, at best, part of a much larger security process. :!:

I don't care if some underpaid security guard examines my clockweights from a darkened room behind the luggage carousel.

The problem I have with the new scanners is that many see it as a "silver bullet" . :!:
I`m worried about them seeing my silver bullet :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back