AirSource

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Im just starting off on my self buid home, considering different central heaing systems, currently thinking of going with an air source Mitsubishi Eco Dan, that will heat the hot water and also underfloor heating downstiars and rads upstairs.
Has any one had exoperience of using these air source pumps and how much more expensive they would be compared to oil. The land is just off the Gas conection, seperated by a river unfortunately

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
They use a lot of electric.

You'll need a wind turbine to run it. The money would be better spent on insulation!

Hi all
Im just starting off on my self buid home, considering different central heaing systems, currently thinking of going with an air source Mitsubishi Eco Dan, that will heat the hot water and also underfloor heating downstiars and rads upstairs.
Has any one had exoperience of using these air source pumps and how much more expensive they would be compared to oil. The land is just off the Gas conection, seperated by a river unfortunately

Thanks for any advice

You don't own the river do you?? How big is your garden?? Both questions are related to a geothermal heat pump. If it's got to be an ASHP go for Diakin.

They are giving away wood pellet boilers at the moment.
Get it finished quick and then get one installed for free. :)

I would go with a passive house then you don't need any heating.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Thanks for any advice

How do you expect to get enough temperature out to heat rads?

Hi all

Thanks for any advice

How do you expect to get enough temperature out to heat rads?

It's generally done with larger surface area radiators Tony run at low surface temperatures, with minimum 15mm connections & lots of good circulation. If you keep the Delta T low, you can normally get away without a buffer tank. My preferred way would always be circulation via a buffer though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back