Al Qaeda ---- new strain of terrorist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BEWARE A new strain of terrorist has entered our midst

The 'Not so suicide DIYer'

The trouble with this strain of terrorist is that they don't always manage to kill themselves. I have evidence to prove that there is a cell active today in Middlesbrough.

Today I was working on a boiler replacing a fan in an empty property that had just been taken over by a landlord that I work for. I got the thing going but became suspicious when it cut out after only a couple of minutes.

I looked upstairs to check out the airing cupboard and discovered to my horror that there was a mains feed plumbed directly into the system. No vent, No F&E tank no pressure vessel or prv either.

25072005004a.jpg

Imagine what could have happened if the boiler stat had also failed in the on position!!!!!

Why do I always have to learn the hard way???

Sponsored Links
Heres some more pics from the dangerous plumbing training cell house in Boro.
I stuck my camera phone up into the roofspace alongside the pipes and took this pic of the void above the kitchen ceiling. Note where the pump is and how accessible it isnt!
26072005010.jpg

Further along the extension in the bathroom there was loft access and I saw the following through the access hole in the wall that had been smacked through between the kitchen and dividing passage above ceiling height.
Theres gas water and electric all going through that hole and the 3 inch deep notch in the joist on the other side
26072005014.jpg

This last one shows where they had taken off for a radiator within 18" along the same pipe.

26072005A.jpg

I've seen some rough arsed jobs in my time but never before has my gast been so flabbered. This is just a sample and theres a load more stuff I havent even mentioned.

Sponsored Links
Kev has been very quiet lately, hopefully he is busy promoting ARGI the new Association for Registered Gas installers. ( argi.org.uk )

You suggest that this is a DIY installation! It looks quite professional to me, bad professional, but professional with those soldered joints. Most DIY use compression joints.

I am amused by the 8mm connections to a rad or suchlike on either side of the "flow" and "return". I would wonder how much pressure differential exists across the two elbows!

Tony

Re the last pic .... You could be right. It is possible that someone has filed down and soldered a coin or something into one of those elbows. I will do a post mortem and report back.
Theres plenty of compression fittings in that ceiling void though, so that was definitely DIY or DIFSFYWTBU [Do it for some furker you want to blow up] :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

BTW Kev isnt a proper smoggie like me. He's a monkeyhanger! It's just that Hartlepool isnt on the drop box in the profile section.
Dunno where he is .... His msn says he is out sampling his local ales right now

Cant really see anything wrong with any of the work, are you sure your not just been a bit finiky over a few little odd bits ;)

PVM, with reference to your "signature", did you hear yesterday that the plumber who peed in a vase and emptied it into a loft tank has been fined £3000 ?

Unprofessional and a pretty foul thing to do but I think the fine was out of all proportion to the misdeed.

Tony

Tony,

I'm curious that you think the fine is disproportionate.

How much would you like to see someone fined if you had brushed your teeth ang rinsed with their Urine???

Merv

To any that was watching and I wasn't, he emptied the vase into the header tank and not the storage tank.

Although disgusting would not have presented a health hazard :eek:

Yea all seems over the top, dodgy unregistered gas work which can kill and it's £650.00 fine, bit of **** in a tank ands it's £3000.00, plus dont forget how much the judge got AND wont get taxed on his pension plus the barristers ridiculous fee per hour but nobody says fek all about about that, years ago a friend of mine went to court and his barrister charged him £1500.00 an hour, never mind his solicters bill, fek knows what it is now

he pee'd in the vase, poured it in the f&e, but then washed the vase in the cold water tank...........if he had done it to me, he would have wanted to be locked up 'for his own safty'

Agile said:
You suggest that this is a DIY installation! It looks quite professional to me, bad professional, but professional with those soldered joints. Most DIY use compression joints.

I am amused by the 8mm connections to a rad or suchlike on either side of the "flow" and "return". I would wonder how much pressure differential exists across the two elbows!

Tony

Slugbabydotcom said:
Re the last pic .... You could be right. It is possible that someone has filed down and soldered a coin or something into one of those elbows. I will do a post mortem and report back.

Post mortem done..... no 'stop' in there!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back