Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an existing wired alarm, is it possible to just replace internal key pad and external siren using existing cables and sensors, thanks for your time!!

Sponsored Links
Depends on A what alarm panel if just replacing keypad and B if changing panel and keypad what you have. Eg number of cores to existing keypad and cores needed for new keypad.

It's a response alarm (PA400 / 4 zone) and I want to replace the control panel as it's playing up, and as I remember external siren is still working ok, and could you recommend a not to expensive control panel to go with this, thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
It's a response alarm (PA400 / 4 zone) and I want to replace the control panel as it's playing up, and as I remember external siren is still working ok, and could you recommend a not to expensive control panel to go with this, thanks for your time.

Looking through the manual, the detection wiring seems conventional, but the siren only uses +ve and -ve, with an optional tamper.

So the detectors would probably work (If its the detectors im thinking of, small rectangular shaped with a red led, then they don't work with certain makes of panels as they don't have a relay, just a resistor) The siren cable might need changing, but if all the cores are there then they just need changing round.

So , with that in mind, i'd check the siren cabling (a picture would be good), check the PIR's, (again a picture would be a great help) and then consider your DIY ability. It's not hard to swap a panel out, careful planning makes it easier. And of course, if you go ahead and get stuck, post back on here, always happy to help!

p.s regarding panels, any texecom, accenta/optima or the scantronic 9448 are all very diy friendly! All come with an option for an onboard keypad like your current system, or a separate keypad if you want some flexibility!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back