All of a sudden my heating won't come on -RWB29

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried to get the heating to come on using my Siemens RWB29 controller, but for some reason it won't come on. The little red light to show it is on come on but is not sending the message to my boiler. The hot water works fine. This is the first time I've had this problem in 5 years. Im pretty sure it was working this morning. Am I missing something simple? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Could be motorised valve failure,but hard to diagnose unless you give more info about your system.

Sponsored Links
Before you go any further, the valve depends on a power supply from the room stat so check power from room stat first to the valves white wire. If that is ok problem is with valve. if not then room stat or programmer

With ch only selected valve should move to mid position where there is a change over of power supply and then it should continue to CH position.
If motor at fault valve will not move.
Faulty micro switch can also prevent valve from moving to mid position.
Faulty micro switch can also prevent valve moving from mid position to CH position.
Some times valve does move to CH position as it should but but due to other faulty micro switch no power comes from valves orange wire to fire up boiler.
So test motor and check if valve moves to determine what is and is not happening. Then change motor or actuator head accordingly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back