All sockets on one ring main

So will this report, which I presume will include some testing, confirm whether RCD is suitable or not
If you have existing RCD protection then the inspection and testing performed, will identify if the RCD is suitable and operating within it;s parameters.
I am just thinking if report doesn't identify any major issues (it's a assumption I kniw) , he changes CU with Rcd and then problems start appearing! I though.
The inspection and test should give you the correct information to eliminate any problems prior to CU change and if no issue a found on the EICR, then the swap should be trouble free, providing there are not appliance that raise the earth leakage level?

Also I thought rcd is more sensitive and hence is it possible that the ring main which is currently ok, may start having problems after rcds are installed.
Only if you have equipment with high earth leakage currents plugged in to it, the RFC if tested to be satisfactory will not trip the RCD but appliances may!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back