Alpha C23 boiler intermitantly turns heating on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has just started to turn the heating on intermittantly even though it is set for just hot water the heating side been turned off anyone any ideas please

Sponsored Links
The Alpha C23 has a built in frost thermostat which brings the CH on if the primary thermistor thinks that the water is cold enough these are prone to becoming faulty but arent too expensiv, I would disconnect all external controls and the internal time clock if fitted and if it still comes on intermittantly it will most likely be the thermistor, this is however within the roomsealed chamber so you will have to call an RGI to get them to replace the thermistor for you

Sponsored Links
frost thermostat has been replaced and no further problems thanks ianmcd seems you didnt need to know what else was in the system unlike GRUMPY 45yearsagasman

45yearsagasman 10 out of 10 for customer services

Thanks chopper20059, you should see me on a bad day. Glad you got your problem solved.:cool:

Ha Ha glad to be of help Chopper I have only been a gas man for 32 years maybey when I get to 45 years I will be grumpy too, certainly if you ask my missus she will agree

you been speaking to my missus again Pete thought you were going to get therapy and stop all that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back