Alpha CB28 Fan or board fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, First time post but have found this forum very usefull in the past
I have a Alpha CB28 boiler that seems to have developed an intermittant fault.

Both LED's flash together which the manual says is a Flue or Fan fault.

I have had my multimeter on the fan supply at both the motor and board ends. The voltage readings are very irratic.... is this normal?

The fan does spin up when its asked for but occassionally after being run for a while it trips with both lights flashing. The fault resets its self if left idle and no water use.

Any suggestions how to identify if its truely a Fan on PCB fault?

Sponsored Links
A fan fault would need to be repaired by a registered repairer. With respect you should not be working inside the combustion chamber.Some basic checks of other components are required first.

I have no intention of trying to replace the fan myself, just trying to identify the fault as i can get parts at cost through a family member.

I respect your comment about not working inside the combustion chamber although I am confident about having the front panel off and carrying out visual inspections and multimeter checks.

Engineer paying us a visit tomorrow to carry out repair.

Sponsored Links
sorry dude but we can not give advice for parts inside the combustion seals as that could lead to major problems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back