Alpha cb28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alpha CB28 CH/DHW boiler installed in March 2005 and have a leaking Diverter valve. This is the second valve that has been installed both suffered the same fault.Leaking through the weep hole on the underside. The first was I beleive leaking when I moved into the property in 2007

Both valves started with the occasional drip which became serious after a while. The second valve was fitted Oct 2009 and has started leaking again.
Is there a design flaw with these valves should I kick the boiler into touch and purchase another make or just have the valve replaced again?
Expensive job every 2 years.

Paxo2

Sponsored Links
Yes replace boiler Alpha are a budget boiler, with expensive parts fit a vaillant, worcester, ATAG, Veissman etc etc

the leaks are probably caused by dirt i the system damaging the rubber O-rings, a clean would, most likely, be a shrewd move. Then replace or refurbish the valve. check the system for dirt first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back