Alpha CB28X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to find out how to increase the pressure on an Alpha CB28X. I have looked all over the boiler for the fill loop but can't see anything! Is it possible it could be somewhere else in the house?? If so any ideas??

Thanks in advance...
Regards

Sponsored Links
I thought it was under the boiler where the pipe work is on these. If not it could be a seperate filling loop, but these are usually under the boiler as well.

From looking on the net I think you would be correct if it was a CB28, the CB28X appears to be a lo-cost basic model. I am not a plumber but I have a good idea what I should see but I just don't see it! I have found an expansion vessel inside the boiler I have located the water mains in but I can't see any fill loop or even points where one could be connected any where on the boiler? This makes my guess it's remote and not local to the boiler thats in the kitchen.

????????????

Any ideas welcome!

if its not under the boiler, 9.235 times out of ten its under the sink.

Sponsored Links
I did look under the sink but could not see it, I guess this one lands in the 0.765! This may be really daft but is there any chance it's in the loft?

Thanks again!

the 0.765 of the time its hidden behind the kitchen units between the boiler and the sink.

is your house a weird layout? the fill loop obviously has to come from the mains so start by tracing that until you hopefully find it.

not trying to make you look daft but are you absolutely sure its not on the boiler? tucked up under the white tray beneath the controls.

110% sure it's not on the boiler. The house is my auntys so I am not familiar with the layout / plumbing. The 15mm water main comes down from the bedroom above or from the floor space so there is only 2.5 feet of pipe to trace. I can't see where it is in the bedroom as there is a bed that fills the room right over where the pipes would be!
I think I will just have to have a good look and start emptying cupboards! The main thing is I now know for sure it's not meant to be too far from the boiler. When she called I thought 10 mins just pop down turn tap go home, why is it never simple!!

Regards

Sorry to say you are right OP there is no integral filling loop no cyclone system water filter and only one temperature sensor on the cheaper X versions. Performance is usually unaffected but DHW temperature is governed by primary temperature, it can get a bit hot before burner modulates down.

You either have to find or make an external filling loop.

Otherwise reliable boiler worthy of long term repair rather than replacement. Alpha srvice contract at just under £12 per month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back