alpha combi hot water not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an alpha 240e combi and when i run the hot water it gets hot then the flame goes out and water runs cold, then flames come back on and water gets hot again,, and it continues likethat... please help...

Sponsored Links
I've got one like this that I can't solve at present :oops:

Yours could be the plate HE blocked, I've removed this on mine and cleansed and also changed the DHW thermistor.

Does the HW green light stay on when the water goes cold?

alphas are not very pop around here, never seen this model so don't know how this one sticks together.
sounds exactly like blocked h/e, if not that, could it be blocked before or after the h/e but in the same run? small bore pipe, filter, sharp bent, something like that?

I have an ALPHA combi with all the trade mark faults that are listed in this forum.I have pressure leaks from under the unit, its been leaking for 2 years,also it looses its pressure up to 3 times a week and has to been topped up, as the needle drops into the red and the boiler stops working.Same as another forum guy said, my unit also has the needle go up into the red, then it starts venting water from the external outlet.Another same problem is that in the winter, it does not heat the bath water properly, i must turn the tap flow down to a hissing/struggle of waterflow so i get hot enough water....if i ran the tap at normal flow, the water is luke warm(AND THATS WITH THE COMBI THERMO SET ON 9 FOR HW).Also the bloody thing struggles to heat my home, 1 degree per hour in temperature.My estate agents and their gas engineer just put me off with aload of flannel and bullshit, ive been putting up with this rubbish unit for over 2 years, my former combi(POTTER/MYSON) did its job as normal, but im sick of the one i have now, and sick of my rubbish estate agents trying to get out of doing repairs/fixing the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Dave, start a new post. What Alpha is it that you have? There are many models, so model would assist if someone was to reply to your post.

If you have no faith in people that you are dealing with at present and have beenfor long time, do you not think it is time to look elsewhere for guidance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back