Alpha Ocean 240 Eco Combi - Rads Warm When Shower In Use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, first time post here, although I have read these forums in the past and found good advice.

I have the boiler described above, not sure of the age but I would guess 10 years +.

It has the occasional problem and I've become quite handy at things like cleaning the fan, pressurizing the expansion vessel, etc. Other than this, the boiler is fairly reliable and a recent visiting engineer commented that if maintained it should have a good few years in it yet.

The problem I have just now is that the radiators are going warm when I use the shower/hot water. The thermostat is off as it is July and we are experiencing very hot weather. I've done a bit of research and I believe the problem could be the diverter valve - does everyone here agree?

Is this likely to need replaced, or is there a way to clean it up a bit and fix the problem? If I were to replace the part, what should I expect to pay, and is there an online parts supplier you could recommend?

I can't justify spending big money on this as the boiler is functioning fine otherwise - just a bit of efficiency lost as I'm heating radiators unneccessarily!

Any advice appreciated,

JKB

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get new fibre washer seals for fitting when replacing the DV back on the boiler.

Don't buy the Alpha seals pack, order the Baxi 105e seals individually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back