am i correct on powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to ask your advice please lads. Powerflushing, am i carrying it as it should be . I always try and connect at the pump valves and i use fx scalebreaker,neut crystals and add inhibator. I run it without chemical for 45 min and dump 2 times,then let it dump amd leave mcw running in.THEN i add fx and run for hour, reversing as well,then do rads individually and boiler .then start dumping and add crystals until its running clear at the dump valve.any help,

Sponsored Links
Fx2 is definitely stronger than fx. There are a lot of tricks to powerflushing, do the kamco training if you got half a chance, well worth it.
Most essential IMO: connect using pump adapter, make sure every possible bypass is firmly shut, rads one at a time, and make sure you include the plate exchanger for 10 mins when doing a combi. Keep the water at about 50C, less and it will all work a lot slower, higher and you run the risk the plastic tubing will become so soft that it comes off the connector. IR thermometer a must.
At final rinse, you ideally get below 400 ppm before you punt inhibitor in. last 2 or 3 rinses AFTER you have dicsonnected the machine, in other words; fill up system as normal, run til all rads are warm and free of air, and measure TDS, if above 400 ppm, drain as much as possible and repeat

thanks ben,i went to kamco to buy my first machine,im no begineer at this ben,but i feel like i am,i can never get circs clear when called to do that .

What exactly is the issue you struggle with? If you have done the kamco training and used the machine, you can’t be far off from doing a perfect job. Maybe it is just a matter of the customer not providing enough cuppas to keep you motivated to run up and down the stairs for what feels like a hundred times.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure that they do any good i feel like saying your £275 throw it down the grid ,that will do your system more good than a p/flush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back