AM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my AM2 assessment coming up in just over a week.
Does anyone have any advice or useful suggestions?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dont worry too much about it, thought id failed mine but i passed first time even though i messed up my pyro.
I didnt get it terminated but you get marks for having it up on the tray and dressing it neatly.
:D good luck

just remember whats on your trolley of materials their there for a reason,just take a few minutes to read through job sheet and take your time.when it comes to motor circuit c/w stop start,wire one cable at a time via wiring diag its alot easier to understand. good luck

Thanks for that guys.
I have to take my own tools, does this include MIMS cable stripping and potting tools?

Sponsored Links
The test centre will have these tools but its advisable to bring your own set to save having to wait around.
Also you can get some practice in making the ends off, wish d done that myself.

On the AM2 leaflet, it explains the aspects of the test and their target time for completion (Shown Below):

Can anyone tell me how this is spread over the period of three days?

A1 COMPOSITE INSTALLATION Target time 10 hours

A2 VISUAL INSPECTION Target Time 30 minutes

A3 FUNCTIONAL TESTING Target Time 30 Minutes

B INSPECTION AND TESTING Target Time 1 Hour 30

C1 SAFE ISOLATION OF TEST RIG Target Time 15 Minutes
(RISK ASSESSMENT)

C2 SAFE ISOLATION OF SUPPLIES Target Time 30 Minutes

D1 FAULT DIAGNOSIS Target Time 1 Hour 45 Minutes

D2 FAULT RECTIFICATION Target Time 1 Hour 30 Minutes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back