Amazon UK delivery problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife has ordered a new PC from Amazon. It was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. But she says the tracking stopped at Leeds Amazon distribution centre, and nothing happened for 2 days. They just show on the App menu, "Maybe the package is lost."
and there is no option for Refund, or talking to anyone in Amazon.

Has this ever happen to you? I bought many things from Amazon, but this hasn't happened to me. But I was quite taken back at Amazon delivery system, the way it operates. It seems they are rapidly losing our trust for reliable service. A few hundred ££ has gone out from wife's bank account to Amazon for the new PC she ordered, the moment they click as DISPATCHED, but there is no promised good on the promised delivery date. It is 2 days past it, and it is just showing "The Package may have been lost." in the Amazon App.

What would be the best way to deal with this problem with Amazon?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can always contact Amazon usually with a call back or chat, it's darn fiddly to work through the website to get to though.

Had to get wife to call Amazon, but usual Robot answering machine. Really poor system for the user support when things go wrong.
Real hassle to find the menu to contact, and get through to the real person to speak to in Amazon.

The option they gave was either Replace or Refund in Full. We took Refund in Full which will take 5 - 7 days, which is not good option for us, leaving with the expenditure in the account, but no PC she needed.

But we couldn't risk them replacing what is supposed to be lost in transit PC for another few days. We now completely lost trust in Amazon UK delivery system.

We miss the days, when there were many local computer shops in the town, and were able to visit the shops in person, and seeing what we were buying.

I just ordered a mobile carport making sure not from Amazon, but from eBay.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
i usually goto JohnLewis / Currys to see the item
Almost always buy from johnlewis - as they have good after sales service and give a 2 year warranty - 2nd year is via an insurance - but i know people who have used and its been good - at least was a few years ago

only ever purchased laptops from amazon on 2 occasions - many years ago - probably 10-15 years

i have not had a problem with amazon - BUT i do make sure the item is sourced from amazon - otherwise dealing with a 3rd party first - but amazon have sorted out goods that ar enot as described or as photos - happened 3 times now .....

johnlewis delivery has been good to - i setup laptops for people in the 2010 - 2016 ish time and often got them to buy from john lewis delivered to home
dont do that anylonger and with windows 10 - too long to setup everything at thier house , copy old data, printers , etc etc
windows 7 was so much easier and quicker
Anyway

Almost always buy from johnlewis - as they have good after sales service and give a 2 year warranty - 2nd year is via an insurance - but i know people who have used and its been good - at least was a few years ago

only ever purchased laptops from amazon on 2 occasions - many years ago - probably 10-15 years

johnlewis delivery has been good to - i setup laptops for people in the 2010 - 2016 ish time and often got them to buy from john lewis delivered to home
dont do that anylonger and with windows 10 - too long to setup everything at thier house , copy old data, printers , etc etc
Anyway

They never should've gone on from XP - it was perfect.(y)

Had to get wife to call Amazon, but usual Robot answering machine. Really poor system for the user support when things go wrong.
Real hassle to find the menu to contact, and get through to the real person to speak to in Amazon.

The option they gave was either Replace or Refund in Full. We took Refund in Full which will take 5 - 7 days, which is not good option for us, leaving with the expenditure in the account, but no PC she needed.

But we couldn't risk them replacing what is supposed to be lost in transit PC for another few days. We now completely lost trust in Amazon UK delivery system. They must be hiring all the dodgy van drivers for their deliveries, making the good go missing while in transit?

We miss the days, when there were many local computer shops in the town, and were able to visit the shops in person, and seeing what we were buying.

I just ordered a mobile carport, but not from Amazon, but from eBay. If you order anything more expensive than 20££, then Amazon is not good place to go to, because the goods will go missing in transit.
There are still shops about.

But they get less and less because people order via amazon etc.

Everybody should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of both, including delivery.

Delicate items thrown about on the cheapest transport possible isn't the way I'd buy goods

i have not had a problem with amazon - BUT i do make sure the item is sourced from amazon - otherwise dealing with a 3rd party first - but amazon have sorted out goods that ar enot as described or as photos - happened 3 times now .....

Anyway

Wife bought a new laptop from Amazon last year, which developed fault within a few month - it stopped charging the battery. She had to go through the support line for returning it for full refund. It took around 2 weeks to get the refund.

She ordered the new PC - this time, not trusting laptops from Amazon, and bought a desktop PC. This time it is gone missing in transit. So we don't have any luck whatsoever with computers from Amazon.

Will have to visit the local Currys or John Lewis for a new PC.

MS-Soft managed to ruin their WINDOWS OS, whenever they brought out newer version. I am an Apple OSx user, but Windows 11 looks and works so poorly and badly, it looks virtually unusable. The best version of MS WINDOWS was WINDOWS NT from 1990s in my book.

i have been on OSX since 2017 - would not go back to windows
My windows PC purchased around 2017 - to help people out and to run software that would only work on windows at the time - takes forever now to work and open simple pages .......
Also friends i still help, have had a windows udate which makes the machine unusable - they had to leave on for about a week , and get another update before it went back to working at a reasonable speed

on my 2nd mackbook - old works still works fine, I just had the opportunity to upgrade to 1TB harddrive 16gb memory
close the lid and open the lid and it works immediately - i reboot a couple of times a month - update the OSX each year (old one on last update now)

Expensive , but such a better experience

When I had a set of Bose noise cancelling headphones not turn up at the collect shop, I chose for another set to be sent. They wouldn’t send to the same address so I had them delivered to home. They arrived safely. They were £295. Two days later I had a message to collect them from the shop! Result! They never asked for them back either. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back