An absolute joke

Bit of an old story this one?

AFAIK, this happened in 2013. The attacker got 4 years for manslaughter in February 2014 (He also got 3 months consec on each for handling and breach of a SS hence the 4 and a half years total)

The 'lenient' sentence was referred to The Court of Appeal in May 2014 and they deemed the sentence NOT to be 'unduly lenient'.

The real question is what would be an 'appropriate sentence'?

Manslaughter cases like this often attract a great deal of media attention but, AFAIK, most sentences are of a similar ilk.

Ignoring the victim's condition (one presumes that the attacker did not know at the time the victim had Aspergers) what should happen when someone assaults someone with a single punch (even when 'apparently' unprovoked) without having the intention to 'real harm' and that person then dies as a result?

Would be interested to hear views.

B

Sponsored Links
I was only discussing this with the wife tother day, revenge attacks.

I mean had that been my brother/father etc, i would sit n wait till he comes out of prison and ensure he was given the rest of his sentence.

So many unjust sentences are handed out, im not surprised there's a fking queue of vigilantes bigger than the immigrant queues at Calais just waiting to jump on these type of scum as they leave prison.

Trouble is, the authorities would punish any vigilantes caught, probably to a greater extent than the true criminal. That's British justice.

No it isn't.

Open any drawing programme that can use colour and you are likely to find three icons: R, G and B. If you want to draw using black, each of the three will show 0 - 0 red, 0 green and 0 blue, ie, no colour.

White, which is the presence of all colours in equal intensity, would be R 255, G 255 and B 255. Anything in between will give a vast array of different colours.

So 'black' is not a colour: it is an absence of any colour.
So if I want to make a tin of black paint I just need to not pour any red, green or blue paint into an empty tin and voila.

Just buy a tin of black paint!

I think we are arguing about additive and subtractive colours.

I wasn't arguing about anything, just pointing out the silliness of citing a computer program as proof of your point.

So 'black' is not a colour: it is an absence of any colour.
Do you know the difference between light and pigment?

Obviously not. Black as a pigment is a colour.

If someone argues that black is the absence of color, you can reply, “What is in a tube of black paint?” However, you must add the fact that black is a color when you are referring to the color of pigments and the coloring agents of tangible objects.

Sponsored Links
A perfect black is the absence of all colour, as it absorbs all light.

To see what a true black is, you need a sealed room where NO light can enter, when you are in that room you will not see your hand in front of your face, this is because there is no light able to enter your eyes.

If you think Black is a colour, please Google it, and see what you find.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
When my telly is off the screen is black.

When I turn it on colours appear and it is no longer black - except the black bits where there is no colour.

QED. :)

A perfect black is the absence of all colour, as it absorbs all light.

To see what a true black is, you need a sealed room where NO light can enter, when you are in that room you will not see your hand in front of your face, this is because there is no light able to enter your eyes.

If you think Black is a colour, please Google it, and see what you find.
You too are on about light and not matter.

"Black is the colour of coal, ebony and outer space. It is the darkest colour...."

Selective choice if ever I have seen it.

It's easier to call black a colour, for the masses, whom it would otherwise confuse.

It's easier to call black a colour, for the masses, whom it would otherwise confuse.
Are you deliberately acting like a bell end or are you unable to read your own directive.

Black is a colour. Pure and simple.

"For the masses" WTF!! Wot a monumental bell end.

First thing I found on Google as per your instructions....http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black

Ignoring the victim's condition (one presumes that the attacker did not know at the time the victim had Aspergers) what should happen when someone assaults someone with a single punch (even when 'apparently' unprovoked) without having the intention to 'real harm' and that person then dies as a result?
If someone throws an unprovoked punch and this results in death, the puncher should face the full wrath of the law. No ifs buts or maybes, if he hadn't threw the punch the other person wouldn't be in his coffin. Go to jail, for a long time.

If someone throws an unprovoked punch and this results in death, the puncher should face the full wrath of the law. No ifs buts or maybes, if he hadn't threw the punch the other person wouldn't be in his coffin. Go to jail, for a long time.

I think the noose would be better.

I like this one. So at school, the chalk was used on the board didn't exist because blackboards don't exist.

Also, does black absorb all of the light spectrum, or just white light then Humans can see? Does IR of UV get absorbed too? Would a hot black cooking pot also be invisible?

Of course not. Only in the white light spectrum...

I like this one. So at school, the chalk was used on the board didn't exist because blackboards don't exist.

Also, does black absorb all of the light spectrum, or just white light then Humans can see? Does IR of UV get absorbed too? Would a hot black cooking pot also be invisible?

Of course not. Only in the white light spectrum...
The above posters are confused about beams of light and solid matter. Bless.

No matter how many articles they read saying black is a colour, for some reason their minds won't accept it. Ho hum.

Black is not a colour unless you telephone Islington council first, then it is :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back