Anaconda on meter outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a definitive answer on how to classify this on an existing installation. Tightness test perfect. U6 in standard enclosure.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I agree but an ex British Gas trainer once made a big thing about them only being for use before the meter and being NCS if used afterwards!

Tony

I always thought it was AR if the meter has an anaconda on both sides?

Sponsored Links
latest I heard was if its secure then not a problem with anacondas on both inlet and outlet.

The only reason I've ever found for 2 anacondas not been approved is possible fraud. It's easier to move the meter and possibly get incorrect meter reading if you know what I mean. I've never seen any law/corgi gas regs about it but I'd say there are some gas company regs about it somewhere.

A meter without a meterbracket would be unstable if fitted with 2 anacondas. If there is a bracket, it is fairly common practice to use 2 of them in a confined space or other forms of difficult access. That in itself does not prove it is legal of course.

The only reason I've ever found for 2 anacondas not been approved is possible fraud. It's easier to move the meter and possibly get incorrect meter reading if you know what I mean. I've never seen any law/corgi gas regs about it but I'd say there are some gas company regs about it somewhere.

You dont need two anacondas to bypass the meter!

Tony

PS where are those other photos?

If an old type u6 meter is installed with two anacondas and no bracket then gas fraud is poss without even removing the meter. But that aint a gas safety issue.

If an old type u6 meter is installed with two anacondas and no bracket then gas fraud is poss without even removing the meter. But that aint a gas safety issue.
I think they cottoned on to that one, and they are all but gone these days

an old U6 on two flex's takes seconds to by-pass, the old meter readers knew how to spot if it was taking place

You dont need two anacondas to bypass the meter!

Tony

PS where are those other photos?

They are on the way to you via email.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back