Annoying problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post on this board.

I currently own a Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI (140) X - 2000 plate. I recently went on holiday for a couple of weeks and returned to find the car battery was completed dead. I then got the jump leads out and started the car and gave it a good run for a few miles. On the journey i realised that the light on the dash board to tell me that one of the doors is open was permanently on and all my doors were properly shut.

ive tried pressing in the door sensors and the light on the dash or interior light doesn't go off. I'm not to sure how it knows the boot is shut but I can't find where the sensor is for that so it could be the boot that is the problem. If anyone has had this problem or knows what could be wrong I would be very grateful if they would post some information regarding what to do. Thanks very much.
Marc

Sponsored Links
I had similar on a Renault Kangoo estate tailgate. Inside the tailgate there was a microswitch on the catch which should have been operated by the tumbler turning when it hooked round the staple.

The switch had popped out of it's fixing clip (probably when I reversed the car into a gatepost :oops: :oops: :oops: )

I had similar on a Renault Kangoo estate tailgate. Inside the tailgate there was a microswitch on the catch which should have been operated by the tumbler turning when it hooked round the staple.

The switch had popped out of it's fixing clip (probably when I reversed the car into a gatepost :oops: :oops: :oops: )

I had my someone look at it this weekend and he has turned the light off on the dash by disconnecting something in the boot, but now when I turn the key to lock the car it doesn't lock all doors and the boot, it only locks the drivers door. At least now the battery doesn't go flat but its annoying that only one door will lock.

Sponsored Links
Back