Annual gas safety check -failure

Sponsored Links
Emma, it may be something it may be nothing. It could even be tape put round the protect the flue where it was being pugged in during installation.

You just don't know

Maybe her migraine is from the stress of having a taped up flue? That'll be worth about £25 compensation. It's no good saying "I could have been killed by C O escaping" you actually have to have been killed or at least some proven illness to get any dosh

You always get more compensation after you have been killed.

But it only benefits your relatives!

Sponsored Links
by C O escaping" you actually have to have been killed or at least some proven illness to get any dosh
thats what she failed to see , it is quite regular tbh when i did a bit for HA . you wouldn't believe some of excuses I've been pulled into
when they try to claim .

Maybe her migraine is from the stress of having a taped up flue? That'll be worth about £25 compensation. It's no good saying "I could have been killed by C O escaping" you actually have to have been killed or at least some proven illness to get any dosh

I wasn't going to claim that the stress of worrying about "taped up flue" giving me migraine.

by C O escaping" you actually have to have been killed or at least some proven illness to get any dosh
thats what she failed to see , it is quite regular tbh when i did a bit for HA . you wouldn't believe some of excuses I've been pulled into
when they try to claim .

But you know what, you've given me another idea, I wonder if the regular ongoing migraines that I suffer from is due to carbon monoxide that is slowing leaking into my property lol.

Moving on, the whole point of me coming on your forum was to find out if I had a minor or major problem. We will see what happens tomorrow. If there is a major problem, the the council have failed in their "duty of care", and that is negligence.

I will keep you updated. Thank you.

But you know what, you've given me another idea, I wonder if the regular ongoing migraines that I suffer from is due to carbon monoxide that is slowing leaking into my property lol.
proof my girl proof ??? and who said it was leaking ????? you don't understand just the sight of gaffer tape on flue can have you switched off ( with HA ) , you have no leg to stand on TBH.

Did I read it correctly, that you have been paying for the annual checks? Is this normal with HA, that the tenant has to pay for this under the terms of the agreement?
If so, then your complaint is not with the council but with Gas Safe and you should take it up with them. Let us know how it transpires.

Did I read it correctly, that you have been paying for the annual checks? Is this normal with HA, that the tenant has to pay for this under the terms of the agreement?
If so, then your complaint is not with the council but with Gas Safe and you should take it up with them. Let us know how it transpires.

No, I never said I pay for it, only that I'm paying full rent.

Anyway just got of the phone, apparently supervisor has got the paperwork from Saturday, he will contact me later after arranging new boiler. When asked, why wasn't the problem spotted before, reply was that it was never mentioned in the previous year's paperwork, when asked if she's implying that I put duct tape on, she only goes, it's not in the paperwork. Also she doesn't see why I'm complaining.

, when asked if she's implying that I put duct tape on

Why would you even think she's implying that?

Also she doesn't see why I'm complaining

About the warning notice? Or the getting a new boiler? Or all the questions?

Frankly I don't know why you're complaining. The lady at the end of the phone is not an engineer and can only go by what is on the papers. Only the engineers on site can tell you why it was not spotted before.

You're getting a new boiler, when really it only needs the flue looking at. Be happy with that.

I love the way you're all ragging on the OP because she's concerned that no one has noticed a probable bodge job done on that flue.

Not all tenants are scum....................

so Emma be honest what are you actually after ? because if your getting a new boiler fitted thats a bonus and if your worried about standards get the council out again to check

EDIT or get an independant to check it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back