Annual, Maintenance Contract.....

Sponsored Links
BG will literally take anything on regardless. ;)

I was called to day about Neataheat 10-16 which BG had failed to take on !

Looks like I may have to fill the gap ( again ).

Tony

Phew.

Bg not allowed to refuse anything unless ID, even AR appliances should be accepted onto contract but the AR situation must (yeh right) be rectified before renewal or kicked off then. If no parts are available the customer should be advised and given the option of putting on contract or not. We haven't refused contract cover on anything for 2 years on patch and all hell would be let loose if we did.

The Neta was not igniting first stage but engineer did not seem to check it properly to see why.

He turned it down because he said parts were no longer available.

I repaired another under a BG contract where the merc AW had failed. The cust had a third Neta which was not being used and I used the SW from that to enable me to do the repair in one visit. If he was minded to the BG guy could also have done that!

Tony

The Neta was not igniting first stage but engineer did not seem to check it properly to see why.

He turned it down because he said parts were no longer available.

I repaired another under a BG contract where the merc AW had failed. The cust had a third Neta which was not being used and I used the SW from that to enable me to do the repair in one visit. If he was minded to the BG guy could also have done that!

Tony

He shouldn't have turned it down although there are plenty of bg guys who will turn down stuff because they dont fancy working on it themselves. The bg guy could have done that but isn't allowed to fit second hand parts....same as everyone else ;)

Sponsored Links
BG will literally take anything on regardless. ;)

I was called to day about neataheat 10-16 which bg had failed to take on !

Looks like I may have to fill the gap ( again ).

Tony

Phew.

Bg not allowed to refuse anything unless ID, even AR appliances should be accepted onto contract but the AR situation must (yeh right) be rectified before renewal or kicked off then. If no parts are available the customer should be advised and given the option of putting on contract or not. We haven't refused contract cover on anything for 2 years on patch and all hell would be let loose if we did.

i fail loads! every fv i go to there is a fault, they either pay n i'll sort it or they refuse and the contract gets cancelled :rolleyes:
we also dont take on boilers what have no parts available, if its r.s.l we do and advise them about the parts situation

i fail loads! every fv i go to there is a fault, they either pay n i'll sort it or they refuse and the contract gets cancelled :rolleyes:
we also dont take on boilers what have no parts available, if its r.s.l we do and advise them about the parts situation

Your SM must love you!

Our SM gets an earbashing from COM everytime we fail a FV.

I had an isar on FV last week. Plate was blocked + DV was passing but customer hadnt reported any fault. I offered them the chance to have it fixed and a spirotech fitted but they declined so advised them no HW faults will be covered until they do. Still had to take it on though.

Ive not done an FV on anything RSL for a while. Most FVs i do are on isars / icos'. They are going to keep me busy round here for years to come :LOL:

Loads of guys still do Gaz but it ain't the company policy. A boiler on contract, especially an old one with not many parts, is a foot in the door for upgrade income and a reasonable chance of a new installation. The idea is they take the quote for an at risk situation to put the ball in their court then they have until renewal to rectify it. As for obsolete boilers or reduced parts why would you not take them on when the chances are you will never have to work on them?, it's a win / win for bg as long as the customer is aware of the situation.

Falling contract numbers are dictating business practice.

I took on a ferrolli last week that was deemed at risk in BGs eyes due to the PRV discharge just poking out the wall from gable end. Plus it was in a loft, no permanent light, very little boarding, no lagging on pipes or condensate. Its going to be PIA at some point i just know it but line manager wanted accepted with remedial work quoted for.

*******s to that. if i can't comfortably work on it without fear of falling into the room below it gets failed, no matter that the boss says. no light-fail. no floor-fail. no ladder-fail.

Your sm must love you!

Our SM gets an earbashing from COM everytime we fail a fv.

I had an isar on FV last week. Plate was blocked + DV was passing but customer hadnt reported any fault. I offered them the chance to have it fixed and a spirotech fitted but they declined so advised them no hw faults will be covered until they do. Still had to take it on though.

i've not done an FV on anything rsl for a while. Most fvs i do are on isars / icos'. They are going to keep me busy round here for years to come :LOL:

no point just saying this n that int covered, they just keep ringing in until someone does it :confused: telling um ya will cancell the contract unless they sort it norm gets them to do something about it..
my sm does love me! my performance is pretty good :LOL:

Loads of guys still do Gaz but it ain't the company policy. A boiler on contract, especially an old one with not many parts, is a foot in the door for upgrade income and a reasonable chance of a new installation. The idea is they take the quote for an at risk situation to put the ball in their court then they have until renewal to rectify it. As for obsolete boilers or reduced parts why would you not take them on when the chances are you will never have to work on them?, it's a win / win for bg as long as the customer is aware of the situation.

i prefer working on the older boilers but if we cant get parts, we cant provide the service we advertise. in fairness i norm give the customer the option but wen they no the boiler is on the "withdrawn" list they norm dont bother with the cover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back