Another 2 way dimmer dim whit help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am wanting to wire a two way dimmer switch to contol my ceiling light and two wall lights. I have three red wires to work with. One is a permanent live while on the same wrapped cable there is another red wire which is not live, then their is a third red wire on its own also not live.
Any ideas how to connect these. on my dimmer i have two contollers!! each with L1, L2 and Comm

Cheers Neal

Sponsored Links
i guess you man 2 gang (ie 2 dimmers on one plate) rather than 2 way (switching the same thing from 2 locations)

on the dimmer connect the red that is live to both com terminals (using a little loop of red wire) and then connect the other 2 cables to the 2 L1 terminals

thanks plugwash, thats exactly what i meant, will try it in the morning without needing three hands to hold a torch..........cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back