Another boiler filter question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies, my first post and it's probably been covered many a time before. It's not my first visit though, and I'll give thanks for the info I've taken from this site previously: a god send for the amatuer like me.

Anyway, the heat exchanger in my boiler keeps getting clogged up (with 'gunge' according to BG. Limescale as far as I could tell.)

What type of filter is it I need to fix? I think it goes on the heating return, but someone might correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Aside from saying thanks for pointing me in the right direction, what is the difference between the two? I thought my boiler only had one........!

the first two are for the primary side of the system (heating)

the combimate is for the secondary side (hot water)

asyou don't say what type of boiler you have ive covered both :idea:

Sponsored Links
Thanks again.

It's a combi boiler, and the problem is coming from the heating return as far as I have been told. I assume I need your combimate.

Really appreciate your help.

Keith.

Bloody hell! I'm not only an idiot when it comes to DIY, I'm one in general!

Kev, you're a legend. Thanks once again.

There has been quite a few problems with the Magnacleans leaking (my own at home included). I've switched to the Fernox TF1's which work in the same way and are priced the same

Don't fit one of these expecting it to cure your problem completley, i've seen many clogged heat exchangers even with these fitted. For your system a good powerflush and dose of inhibitor would be better. More expensive though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back