Another boiler or programmer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ideal he24 will not fire up. 0 is displayed on the boiler and the manual says that if any problems its not the boilet. I've tried to put the heating on to take the chill off, it worked yesterday but nothing today.

Have turned boiler on and off, turned off and reset honeywell control panel but nothing. Normally when I have heating on continous and say 23deg it fires up within a few seconds?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i have hot water but normally when somebody has had a bath (like I just have) the boiler fires up but nothing. Could it be the programmer rather then the boiler? That is what the manual is suggesting - there is no error code showing.

its an icos. Think I may have found the problem (hopefully!!) the programmer now has no life in it at all, although no warning that the battery was dying before hand.

In my mind it explains things! Its a Honeywell ST6400C around 5 years old. Can I just replace the battery or have I got to buy a new one costing about £75? Would the new honeywell one just sit on the backplate?

Don't know about the battery point, but if you can't replace it, the new programmer will fit your backplate

hot water ok? no heating? system boiler?? Motorised valve surely first thing to check??

hot water was only ok for a while until it was all used from the cylinder. Replaced programmer with a nice new 9400C. Dead easy fit and everything working lovely.

Saved myself a few quid on diagnostics I can't afford at the moment!

Yes but what if it wasnt the programmer?! 99.9% of times when a customer has a go them selfs first they end up spending more then it would cost to get it done by a pro

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back