another fire door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mashupmuma said:
We are getting a loft conversion done at the moment and we've been told we have to change our doors to fire doors. At the moment we have gorgeous stripped panel doors, (one of the reasons we bought the house)and I cannot bear to have plywood doors. Does anyone know where I can get fire doors that will look like the real panelled doors and have a pine finish.

Thank you
i used to work for a fire door manufacturer an it is amazing what can be made up from fire proof chipboard and veneers which can have different profiles fitted in them

Sponsored Links
The minimum regs for fire doors in loft conversions is all new doors to be FD30 all existing doors from habitable rooms along the passage of escape to be fitted with door closers.I would check with BC as to whether you need to change the doors.They seem to differ in their opinion the last conversion I did needed the doors replaceing, the one I am currently doing only needs closers added to the existing doors.
An escape velux is a seperate requirement on top of the doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back