Another 'radiators won't heat up' question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just moved into a new house and one of the many problems is heat, or lack of.

The radiators all work, and all provide some heat. I have them all on full and not one of them is piping hot. I have tries bleeding but there was no air in any of them.

Any ideas I can try myself would be most gratefully received, otherwise it's a callout charge :(

Sponsored Links
Turn the boiler thermostat up ;) Is it a new build house , or just new to you ?

See if there is a temperature control on the boiler for the heating.

So many people turn it down, making the radiators warm up less

Sponsored Links
sorted, thanks guys for your replies, the dial just needed turning up. Thankfully (for my ego) I realised it myself before seeing the post but thanks anyway.

are the rooms actually cold?

just because the rads are not piping hot does not mean the system is not working properly.

it might be a different system to your last house.

At the moment my house is quite warm even with the boiler set to 50 degrees, and it does that modulated down to lowest power.

Condensing boilers run more efficiently and economically ticking along at 60 than running for short blasts at high temperatures, and I find the house more comfortable because there is not such a big temperature gradient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back