ANTS AROUND THE HOUSE JUST DO NOT GO AWAY !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AFTER HAVING TRIED TO FUMIGATE ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GET RID OF COMMON ANTS. THEY JUST SEEM TO REAPPEAR AFTER A FEW DAYS. ANY ADVICE ON WHAT NEXT SHOULD BE DONE ?

Sponsored Links
i would have thought fumigating to be a waste of time, a bit like trying to have a bath in a bucket. you would need to get an ant killer that you put on the ground, ants eat it take it into the nest then it kills them, we have one over here called "nippon" see this

perhaps it is available over there

Another one you could use is "crawling insect laquer".
Its an aerosol which you spray onto the ground or any surface(interior).
It stays active for 3 months,and kills anything that crawls on it.
Once its been sprayed its invisible and dry.

We use "RAID" by vapona, as ogoshi says it dries invisible and works a treat. Mind you, English ants are probably smaller and have littler legs than yours !!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I can vouch for nippon - I had a colony of black ants inside a wall cavity inside my house ! - and the little fellows were pouring out of the electric sockets and skirting boards !! - I hoovered up most of the flying ants and then laid little blobs of nippon to finish off the nest !

Mike

Down here in Alabama we HAVE TO keep "critters" in line. What works best on ants, in my experience, is BENGAL ROACH SPRAY. Hope it's available where you-all live, 'cause it's the BEST. Use this IN THE HOUSE, spraying crevices and corners, along baseboards, etc., in whatever areas you have ants. Do this IN ADDITION TO spreading ant bait outdoors around any visible ant mounds. Good luck!

In UK and Ireland there is a product which you plug in to the mains and it emits a pulse which the makers claim will drive out small vermin ,bee's ,spiders, flies , etc. I used it on a a hive of bees which decided to squat in my roof and it appeared to have worked. After a month I removed the fascia board and they were all dead with the exception of a few very disorientated survivors. I'm sure there is a similar product available in your country form a hardware outlet.

do you mean that one with the bloke who advertises a lot of things called "mel" (he's an old boy) isn't it something like pest defence?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back