Any ideas lads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A worscter 24 i junior 2 years old, h/water ok, no heating , goes through sequence but doesnt fire,then red light comes on flashing , i thought a flow switch would do the job as the old one was full of muck and was blocked , but no joy , so maybe its all sludged up but it should fire at least , any ideas please troops

Sponsored Links
Has the pump stuck? Don't know these too well so don't know if they are plate heat exchangers or not :oops:

the rate at which it is flashing will tell you roughly what area to look in, assuming you have the instructions.

pcb's can be bad on these for lockouts at the ignition stage. usually the fan will start but it may or may not light depending on how bad the voltage to the fan is.

edit. just read the hw is ok. i would look at the ch thermistor first.

actually if you look at the book inside it does give you diognostics with the sequence of the flashing lights and at what rate its flashing i dont have any book on that boiler now as i have got rid of most since i had to ret on health grounds as far as i know the flow switch is on the domestic only as it uses a bythermic heat exchanger, and it could be the pump playing up as the light will flash after about 10 seconds after no ignition if the pump has slowed down the pressure will not be enough to open the gas valve via micros on the heating side i think thats what i would have looked at first before going on to anything else i think the light is flashing because the flame failure has pulled in

Sponsored Links
Thanks lads, the pump seems ok , its running as if its sound, i didnt say i changed the thermistor (no change) , and the fan is ok on h/water , i dont like just diving in and saying pcb like many do, its ok if youve got all the parts in your van but iff i buy a pcb and it dosent work it might be a year or two before i need it and by then it will properley be stuck somewere safe, were i cant find it, so i appreciate your help lads

thats why we are telling you to look through the instructions to find out what the flashing means.

if are not able to diagnose it properly yourself you are going to be cheaper to get someone in who can.

im not saying it is the pcb, merely that they can present symptoms very close to yours but usually in bothe ch and dhw.

I done that and its not very helpful as the flashing is pointing at the gas valve but how can it be when the h/water is working soundly,and im convinced the flow switch which was blocked with sludge is the source of the proplem but ive changed it and made sure no muck had blocked the new one , you know the boiler manuels srent really helpful are they ,

I done that and its not very helpful as the flashing is pointing at the gas valve but how can it be when the h/water is working soundly, ,

if thats the case you want to reread what gasmick said.

you know the boiler manuels srent really helpful are they ,

they can be infinately helpful if you know what to test when reading through the flowcharts.

did you check the boiler side of the flowswitch was blocked. the hole you put the flowswitch back into?

I went back today and after fitting a new aps, it is working perfect.I recently got a megger dual m/meter m8000 and after doing part p , im just getting to grips with my new meter, thanks lads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back