Any recommendations for new combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hoping you can help. Just purchased a small three bed semi and would like to replace the existing boiler (old baxi with hot water tank) for a modern condensing combi boiler. Please would you be so kind as to recommend the best and most reliable products on the market with good enough water pressure for a decent shower?

I've been quoted around £2300 to get the boiler replaced. Sound fair?

Any help most appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Rich

Sponsored Links
whats the water pressure like

did the estimator check this?

Why do you want a combi?

how many bathrooms do you have

Many disagree but I hate and loathe combis, takes ages to get hot water, if the thing breaksdown (and it will) you have no back up whatsoever

and if some numpty nuts fits one on a mains water supply that you can piddle faster you are stuck

well that will teach me to try and been fancy

Ok i meant did the bloke who came out to have a look check the water pressure and flow rate

Sponsored Links
Hi Corgiman,

Only one bathroom upstairs and small wc downstairs. Water pressure wasn't tested but plumber located nearby so maybe he knows. Pressure from opening the tap pretty high pressure.

Would like a combi for the following reasons:

Current boiler very old and central heating only works when hot water is on.

I would like to relocate it under the stairs and out of the kitchen - so the opportunity is there whilst the house is done up. Don't want to build a kitchen around the current boiler, only for it to give up the ghost later.

Would appreciate the energy saving benefits of a condensing combi

Would appreciate any further comments you may have.

Many thanks

Rich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back