Any Tips For Drilling and Extractor Hole Cavity Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I have nearly completed my kitchen, cabinets, sink and floor fitted and the cooker has just arrived. It is a 110 Range Cooker all electric with a separate hood. No tiling yet.

The hood can be setup as a carbon filter only or rigged to use its built in extractor fan.

Our house is a 1930 build and has suffered from condensation, specifically in the winter, the old kitchen was horrendous when cooking and the walls would drip with moisture.

We have replaced the existing extractor which fits above the window but feel that the extractor in the cooker hood should also be rigged up as a belts n braces approach.

I know it would have been best to have drilled the hole before we started but we just couldn't didn't know where!!!

Anyone got any tips for keeping the dust to a minimum.

I will cover everything in plastic dust sheets and seal the doors and attempt to use have my partner hold a hoover near the drill head.

Any other tips.

I cannot drill from the outside in due to the next door neighbours shed.

Sponsored Links
Get your wife to hold the hoover nozzle next to the drill.
Sorry, didn't see you had this one already.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back