Any Welders on here?

Good trick I used to do was on sealed copper pipe where its being nitrogen purged is fill the end with oxy/acety and then go back to where the brazing is being done , crank up the nitrogen and get the apprentice to stand at the end of the pipe and start brazing.

KABOOOOOOM :LOL:

OOh and yes we set fire to an acetylene bottle once. Not something I would want to repeat.

you rotter norcon

had that done to me once needed a clean pair of duds :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb your signature regarding dangermouse.has Penfold locked him in and thrown away the key?

na admin has sin binned him for a month for letting himself get wound up by a couple of BG brown nosers

the majority of the gas men don't agree hence the sig ;)

some busy-body receives the title of a H&S officer

Sorry to drag this up again but first of all,

I will not be a H & S Officer, that is an employed position.
I will be a representative for the shop floor. In simple terms this means that if anyone has concerns regarding a safety issue they will be able to come to me with them, I will then investigate their concerns and if possible take steps to rectify the situation. If it is beyond my ability I will have the means to speak to mangement and if necessary call on professional guidance/expertise to see what can be done. I will have the ability to make sure that people are educated in safety matters with relevance to the procedures they carry out. E.G. Anyone who needs/wishes to use a forklift truck will be given the opportunity to undergo training and assesment for it. If someone needs to use the overhead crane I can see that they receive instruction to do so and assess their capabilities to do so. Us eof the test bed? Same thing, they have to be trained and assessed before being allowed to do so.

At the end of the day the only 'powers' I have are the same as anyone else in this world. Those powers are that if you see something which is potentially/obviously dangerous then YOU as an individual have the right and duty to call a stop to it being carried out.
As a point of interest, did you know that if you are aware of a danger but do nothing about it you can be called to explain why you did not inform someone in authority. Someone in authority can be anyone in a supervisory/management capacity or even another worker who has the knowledge of that particular concern and the ability to rectify it.

As stated earlier, common sense and awareness are the best defence against accidents. Accidents don't happen, they are caused.

Sponsored Links
A segregated area with various equipment for testing a wide variety of electric motors/generators and any associated equipment.

First off you have to be a tradesman to even enter this area, secondly you have to have a full knowledge of how to use it, the safety procedures to use it and what to do in an emergency. Before using it you have to go through a series of safety checks, checking all the safety interlocks are working, warning beacons are working etc etc.

Could we put you on it in a strait jacket as a work prank? :LOL: :LOL:
You could be the warning beacon when you light up after 1000 volts is purged through your body.
ROFL :LOL: :LOL:

Could we put you on it in a strait jacket as a work prank? :LOL: :LOL:
You could be the warning beacon when you light up after 1000 volts is purged through your body.
ROFL :LOL: :LOL:
Just Imagine the health and safety implications of THAT....

As I am not musically talented I doubt I would be a very good 'conductor'.

rofl5.gif

Sponsored Links
Back