Road Behaviour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am spending a lot of time lately running up & down the M6 in Cheshire.

I am amazed to be reminded on almost every journey how awful some so-called professional drivers are.

Lorry & coach drivers who pull in front of you with no notice and leave you with nothing in the way of braking distance.

Even that stretch around 19/18 where they have chevrons (Keep 2 chevrons apart, it says), you find most leave less than 1.

Drivers who indicate as they are crossing the white lines...what's the point?

Being tailgated...

Passing a rep-mobile in the second lane. You wonder why they are going slowly, then find as you glance in your mirrors to move back that they are yacking on the dog, making notes at the same time.

And this is just what happened to me today.

Boy, I wish my patch was smaller!

Sponsored Links
I am spending a lot of time lately running up & down the M6 in Cheshire.

Get yourself a vehicle. It'll make you easier to see. I thought pedestrians weren't allowed on the motorways.

A very busy dual carriageway near my area runs into a roundabout.
Was driving home yesterday and could see no end in the traffic so I pulled my van out across the first lane (in my frustration) a few feet at a time stopping my vehicle just as the next car hurtled towards me.
Their was only myself and another car behind trying to get out.
Then eventually a couple of cars had to swerve to avoid hitting me .
A courteous driver then stopped which let me edge unto the next lane. Then had to edge into the next lane using the same procedure until another courteous driver stopped.
This evening I barely looked right and didn't stop. Two cars swerved to avoid hitting me . Horns honking. One guy was forced into a big swerve around me. Its a large roundabout. The speed limit is 40 but most take it at around 60mph.
But I made it across. :D
(with the side still OK on my van)

Just sit in the middle lane on 70. I do, you can't beat it. Don't even bother looking in my mirrors.

Sponsored Links
big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_md.gif

Just sit in the middle lane on 70. I do, you can't beat it. Don't even bother looking in my mirrors.
Judging from the rush of responses to the above bait I'd say everyone now seems wise to your tactics Joe and couldn't give a toss to them.

Once you start and get the same response to oil and immigration you'll be totally bu**ered :LOL:

MW

Is that joe making samey comments again? If so, do what I've done...

IgnoreButton.gif
him!!

Lorry & coach drivers who pull in front of you with no notice and leave you with nothing in the way of braking distance.

these will be the same hgv/pcv drivers who will complain at the drop of a hat about car users who dive in front of them and leave them no braking distance....pot kettle or what!

i asked my lorry driver mate about this and he said nobody lets a lorry out so they just pull out to save dropping nine gears if they have to slow down for the vehicle in front.

if i judge it safe to do so and i can be arsed, when they pull out on me at short notice i pass them and drive really slowly in front of them whilst liberally using hand gestures to make them aware of their error. yes im a petty man but it lights up my day a little. :LOL:

in fact anyone who makes me slow down or change course because of their actions gets lights, horn and signals, i will get stabbed by a vengeful driver one day im sure. :LOL:

Is that joe making samey comments again? If so, do what I've done...

IgnoreButton.gif
him!!

Thats really bright mate. I can now say whatever I want about you - and you've removed your own right to reply. Wot a silly man.

Joe-90 wrote:
Thats really bright mate. I can now say whatever I want about you - and you've removed your own right to reply. Wot a silly man.
But, as you are the most ignored person on this site ... Very few people will actually see what you've written.

So, remind me, who's the silly man?

MW

these will be the same hgv/pcv drivers who will complain at the drop of a hat about car users who dive in front of them and leave them no braking distance....pot kettle or what!

i asked my lorry driver mate about this and he said nobody lets a lorry out so they just pull out to save dropping nine gears if they have to slow down for the vehicle in front.

if i judge it safe to do so and i can be a***d, when they pull out on me at short notice i pass them and drive really slowly in front of them whilst liberally using hand gestures to make them aware of their error. yes im a petty man but it lights up my day a little. :LOL:

in fact anyone who makes me slow down or change course because of their actions gets lights, horn and signals, i will get stabbed by a vengeful driver one day im sure. :LOL:

9 gears between going 56 and 55.5 mph - blimey how many gears have those things got in total?????

Sponsored Links
Back